Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, Ravel, Carl Nielsen.
Priorities will be given to Lehman Center Ticket Buyers
Tickets available at Lehman Center Box Office
*$100 for post-concert reception with the artists
to support Lehman Center
The Orchestra Now returns to the Lehman Center as part of its “Around Town” series of complimentary concerts all over NYC. Conductor JoAnn Falletta, whom The New York Times called “one of the finest conductors of her generation,” leads the orchestra as they perform two suites and a song cycle on Arabian themes by Ravel, Carl Nielsen, and Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov.
Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov: Scheherazade
Enticing and exotic. Rimsky-Korsakov’s most famous work was later adapted into a ballet, controversial in its sensual choreography.
Susan Platts, mezzo-soprano
Ascends into feverish lyricism. Ravel sets to music the poem that helped inspire Rimsky-Korsakov to write his symphonic suite.
Carl Nielsen: Aladdin Suite
Imaginative and ornate. Nielsen was able to hear a live radio broadcast of this suite one last time while he was in the hospital, the day before he died.
The Orchestra Now – Beethoven: Symphony No. 8
* NEW THIS SEASON! Reception & VIP seating.
Havana Café and Lehman Center Invite you to a special pre-concert reception.
Best seats in the house! VIP Ticket includes pre-concert wine & hors d’oeuvres reception and best house seats.
Meet the artists whenever possible.
VIP tickets are listed with other ticket prices for a specific show.
This will be a great opportuniy for us to meet you in person!
The VIP reception will start at 6:30 pm for 8 pm performances and at 2:30 pm for our 4 pm performances.
Please order your VIP tickets when purchasing tickets to the performances.
• Program, policies, artists, dates, times, and prices are subject to change without notice.
• Lehman Center does not have an elevator.
• Additional fees may apply. There are NO REFUNDS on tickets unless the event is cancelled. Refunds are always made to the original purchaser.
• Audio and video recording of Lehman Center events is prohibited except with expressed written consent from performers and all rights holders.
• Lehman Center is 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation.