Romeo and Juliet and Carmen
Elena Radchenko Artistic Director
AN INTERNATIONAL FAVORITE!
Children 12 & under $10 any seat
Lithe movement, majestic music, and drama en pointe—each season Lehman Center ushers in the spring semester with the timeless beauty of Russian ballet. First founded in the 1980s as the Soviet National Ballet, this impressive company of over 50 dance professionals helmed by Elena Radchenko has enchanted global audiences with swirling pirouettes, colorful costumes, and elegant storytelling that celebrates the enduring gems of the classical dance repertoire. In this season’s selections ballet lovers will be treated to two beautiful ballets: based on Shakespeare’s timeless tragedy, with music by
Tchaikovsky “Romeo and Juliet” and after intermission “Carmen”. Created in 1967 by Cuban choreographer Alberto Alonso, with music written by Russian composer Rodion Shchedrin, this one-act ballet set in Spain is based on Bizet’s opera Carmen.
A delight for the entire family and ballet lovers’ paradise!
Russian National Ballet Theatre – Promo
• Program, policies, artists, dates, times, and prices are subject to change without notice.
• Lehman Center does not have an elevator.
• Additional fees may apply. There are NO REFUNDS on tickets unless the event is cancelled. Refunds are always made to the original purchaser.
• Audio and video recording of Lehman Center events is prohibited except with expressed written consent from performers and all rights holders.
• Lehman Center is 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation.