In his historic 45 years of Latin Fusion Apollo Sound!
Special Guest and Original Singers will include
Tito Cruz, Sammy Gonzalez, Papo Sánchez and Carlos Santos.
This (ex) member of Puerto Rican salsa orchestra El Gran Combo as well as Latin band Roberto Roena y Su Apollo Sound will present an unforgettable concert of more than 45 years of splendor, rhythm and flavor of his musical talent!
Roena was also a member of the Fania All-stars with whom he recorded his signature song ‘Coro Miyare’. In 1970, Roena joined Cameroonian Saxophonist Manu Dibango, a massive step for salsa fusion music.
From 1962 to 1969 he participated with El Gran Combo and, as he exited the group, he created the Apollo Sound, for the day United States launched the first Apollo spaceship to the moon. Between 1976 until 1978 Sammy González and Papo Sánchez, along with a stride of solid singers like Tito Cruz and Carlos Santos, were the voices behind great hits like “Tu Loco, Loco” (his first hit), “Mi Desengaño”, “Lamento de Concepción”, “Cui Cui”, “Avísale a mi contrario”, “Marejada feliz”, “Peldaño”, “Regaño al Corazón” and “Progreso”.
Read New York Post article about Roberto Roena.
*Program Subject to Change
Roberto Roena Y Su Appollo Sound – Coro Miyare (Live)
• Program, policies, artists, dates, times, and prices are subject to change without notice.
• Lehman Center does not have an elevator.
• Additional fees may apply. There are NO REFUNDS on tickets unless the event is cancelled. Refunds are always made to the original purchaser.
• Audio and video recording of Lehman Center events is prohibited except with expressed written consent from performers and all rights holders.
• Lehman Center is 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation.